Saturday, April 17, 2010

So Many Books, So Little Time.

Well, I promised myself that this would be a bit more than just writing about banned books, and it is- I talk about books I've been reading and how the literature I've read before has impacted my life and the way I read. Yesterday, I finally did what I'd been planning to do for about three weeks now and went around the corner, about five blocks down Main Street in Williamsville to the library. I ambled back home in the chilly wind and threat of rain with a library card application clutched to me, and plan on finishing it as soon as I can.

Here's the problem. I already have about six books to finish as it is, and I've only now gotten about halfway through The Fortress of Solitude. Unfortunately, books have taken a bit of a backseat this week to another love of mine- hockey- as the NHL playoffs have commenced. (See? Bookworms are multi-faceted, are they not?) However, I never hesitate to buy even more- especially if there's a great bargain on them. In the end, I wind up with so many to read I can barely see straight by the end of them. And adding more- borrowed- books to that pile could prove disastrous.

But I can definitely use this card to borrow more banned books, thus cutting down the lengthy list a bit at a time. Plus, I know myself. I love books, and if allowed I will read the entire day through without distractions. I've done it before. So to me, getting a library card and borrowing, say, three or four books at a time is no big deal. I'll read them all. Right?... RIGHT?

No comments:

Post a Comment