Saturday, April 24, 2010

Success!

I have (finally) successfully obtained a library card. Yes, the Buffalo and Erie County Library system is at my fingertips. Of course, the branch right around the corner from my house isn't the biggest one around- a small young adult section (just one shelf and a spinning rack, really) and only one book at a time by some authors. I'll most likely have to look elsewhere for all of the books I have yet to read, but it is wonderful just to sit there, around so many books, and know that I can take any of them home. Today it was Beach Music by Pat Conroy and Snow Falling On Cedars by David Guterson, along with City of Light by Lauren Belfer (which is based right here in the city of Buffalo, in the time of Grover Cleveland). My mom is right, I hardly need any more books to add to my reading list, but I can't help it. I feel that no one could ever possibly have too many books. There's always so much more to read and learn. :)

With that said, I am on my way to finishing Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert, another banned book (this time by, I believe, a government). I'll get to explaining the specifics once I finish. I also still have a handful of past reviews to get to, so in short, I've got quite a bit of work to do, and all of this before I start my actual job- at Dick's Sporting Goods, on Tuesday. Oh, the mundane. But a job's a job, and I feel as though I already work two full-time jobs, what with this blog and the NHL playoffs causing me to frequently update my other one. Oh, and have I mentioned I'm starting work on a story? Hopefully this one will turn into the novel I've always planned to write. Oh, life.

No comments:

Post a Comment